Efficient Utilization of New Energy and New Technologies for Battery Thermal Safety
Efficient utilization of new energy is an indispensable and essential means in the new energy system. The development and application of new energy generation technologies, thermoelectric conversion technologies, and new types of batteries have brought profound changes to the energy and electricity industry as well as the energy-consuming sectors. However, challenges related to the stability of large-scale new energy generation technologies and the thermal safety of batteries have not been effectively addressed. The emerging demands for energy utilization in industries pose new technological development requirements for production, consumption, energy storage, and management within the energy and electricity systems. This also stimulates the in-depth integration of energy storage technology, thermal management technology, thermal safety technology, and materials.
The efficient utilization of new energy and battery thermal safety technology exhibits distinct interdisciplinary characteristics. Through interdisciplinary research on energy systems and materials, it promotes the cross-disciplinary integration, serving the safe production and utilization of energy and electricity. This special session aims to facilitate the scientific integration of efficient utilization of new energy and new technologies for battery thermal safety, driving energy storage technology towards more efficient, safer, and economical directions.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Research on lithium-ion battery materials.
• High-performance thermal interface materials and new types of fire-resistant thermal insulation materials.
• Simulation and emulation of thermal safety in lithium-ion batteries.
• Research on thermal management technologies, including air cooling, liquid cooling, phase change, and thermoelectric conversion.
• Safety management of lithium-ion battery energy storage systems.
• Security dispatch of energy storage systems and microgrid technology in the power grid.
• AI-based optimization design for the safety of energy storage systems.